Quartz and granite

Quartz & Granite

Quartz is a man-made material and contains 93% materials such as silica, man-made glass or mirror, or recycled and modified materials and quartzite. These materials are stuck together with a polymer resin which makes up the other 7%. When comparing quartz and granite worktops, their qualities are somewhat similar, but not identical they both are durable, scratch-resistant and extremely practical. Quartz an excellent alternative to natural stone as it doesn’t need sealing due to being non puros.

One advantage of quartz is its uniform structure, and the wide choice of colours available allows you to personalise your kitchen. Perhaps one of the most popular is white quartz as there is no pure white granite available in nature. However, the many shades and colours available make it easy to combine them to create your stunning design.

Granite is a rock formed from cooled magma and has a unique natural colour, character and beauty. Generally, granite rock is patterned, and no other slab is exactly the same. There are thousands of quarries around the world that have their own unique geological style, so when buying granite you are buying something unique.

Granite may have pink, red, brown, grey, black, or occasionally white or blue veins running through it which service to embellish the final appearance of your kitchen

Granite is tough and not easily damaged in the course of daily use; however, it is not entirely indestructible and it does require sealing as it is naturally puros and sometimes strengthening bars are incorporated to stop any stress fractures.

Click HERE to view our recent installations on instagram.

Check out our CATALOGUE on WhatsApp.

Send your plans through our CONTACT FORM or give us a call, we are happy to offer our expert advice.



  • Wide range of colours to choose from
  • Non-porous and don’t require sealing
  • Hygienic and easy to clean
  • Undermounted sinks/Belfast sinks and drainage grooves are achievable
  • Mirror and glass chips can be incorporated
  • Good value for money


The best all round practical worktop money can buy in our opinion. Extremely hard to scratch and burn whilst mimicking the natural beauty of marble and granite stone at a cheaper price, its also non porous so nothing can penetrate the surface. The fabrication process is quicker and the slabs are usually more readily available.




  • Hard wearing
  • Natural colour variety to choose from
  • Wide range of colours from quarry around the world
  • Heat resistant to pans etc
  • Hygienic and easy to clean
  • Extremely hard to scratch


Granite is without doubt the most beautiful worktop you can buy, but it does come at a high price tag there is more work involves in fabricating and importing them from all corners of the earth which adds to the price. If your looking to have a completely unique masterpiece in the centre of your kitchen then choose granite.